Sunday, September 10, 2006

WWT Slimbridge sightings 10 September 2006

10 September 2006 A good day at the trust and just the lift I needed after a week of illness and some serious damage to my ankle. I had the call that the Dumbles had flooded over the night tide and an adult Bonaparte's Gull was present amongst the busy scene. Congratulations to James Lees on his first, first for Gloucestershire, he has now joined the club! Shame I wasn't at work but he was rubbing his hands together at the news of my invalidity and scored with a great find. I was fortunate enough to be near carried to the Holden Tower by good friends and bagged this long overdue county first. Also I saw the Pectoral Sandpiper and a Garganey on the Dumbles with 2 Greenshank and c30 Wigeon, 5 Pintail and40 Teal.

2 Spotted Flycatcher were along the Tack Piece hedge, a Whinchat and 3 Wheatear were at Middle Point fenceline and a juvenile Black Tern was at the 100 Acre during the safari.